Friday, May 15, 2015

Irie & Mellow: 90s Reggae Hits

Irie & Mellow 1998. Uptempo collection of crucial reggae hits from the mid-late 90s. Real mixed bag... lovers, roots, dancehall, ragga and mainstream reggae. Some great cover versions. Leads with the Beres Hammond hit from way back in 1982 (I played the tune a lot back then... Wicked!) and then switches straight to 90s selections with Frankie P's I Got The Vibes. Nuff other highlights, like Luciano's Its Me Again Jah & Your World and Mine, Garnett Silk's Ebony & Ivory, The Rod, Goofy & Red Rat's hilarious Big Man Likkle Yout and some great sides by Sylvia Tella.




CD1: Riddim like Let Him Go, Boops, Babylon Cowboy, Seek & You Will Find, Fattie Fattie, Rich & Shine Eye Gal.


CD2: Riddim: No No No, Land of Love, So Much Things to Say, Rainbow Country, Bam Bam, Mr Bassie, Fever Pitch, Sun is Shining & Journalist.
Continuous mix. Total 159 minutes. Repost...
-download cd1-
-download cd2-

4 comments:

  1. my friend do you know what I like most about your site ? well it is this I have listened to many mix tapes sites & you are the only one that doesn't do the noisy horns-or silly noises over the mixes, some yes, but mostly not, this is what I love most to hear the music & not a ship horn going by LOL
    jah bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha... you picked up on that then. i too get put off by too many 'jammys lasers' + horns or too many pull-ups. when i started doing mixes digitally around 2001 it was to make listening to multiple versions of good riddim more enjoyable by cutting out some intros + bridges. i try to let best cuts run on while just throwing in snippets of other versions. i still like checking out other's mix tho to check the vibes of the time. have you heard the luv messenger podcast?

      Delete
    2. http://siamrootsical.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/talkin-pirates-vital-selections-2008.html

      this one has good selections

      Delete
  2. yes my friend it is something that I picked up on which is what I really like , you have so much that I'd like to d/l but with what you put up I am more than happy with & know you will get there with others that I have asked for LOL keep up the great works my friend

    jah bless

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are welcome... Higha vibrations.