Saturday, March 21, 2015

Roots On Attack 1976-79

 
Attack Records UK 7''Vinyl Selections - Part 4 - 1975-78 
 
The fifth and final lot of Attack singles from the 1970s. Good balance of vocal & deejay tracks with nuff dub versions.... a dis ya rootsman time!


Striker Lee releases predominate. Other productions from Keith Hudson, A. Ranglin, Glen Lee, Neville Beckford, Clive Hunt, Linval Thompson & Eric Donaldson. Features four Bunny Lee cuts of Wailers rhythms - Kaya, Time Will Tell, Easy Skanking and Nice Time with vocals by Johnny Clarke, Ronnie Davis & deejay U Brown. Other Lee riddims like the Ali Baba, Move Out of Babylon, Enter In To His Gates With Praise, Satta Massagana, I Love Marijuana, Ten To One and three Cornell Campbell classics on the Undying Love, Duke Of Earl and Queen of the Minstrel. Prince Jazzbo nice up this one alongside Augustus Pablo. Jah Stitch rides two great John Holt tracks. All the Bunny Lee sides are again backed up with tuff Agrovators/King Tubbys versions

Pick of the other productions include Keith Hudson's Don't Think About Me (Horace Andy & Jah Woosh). Heavy roots on Sylford Walker's I Can't Understand and a pair of Lizzard tunes produced by Clive Hunt. Glen Washington's Voice of the Father from 1976, a version of Culture's Behold I Come, is sublime

Continuous mix 79 minutes
Links to Part1, Part 2
 

7 comments:

  1. hi my friend can you re up this one on mediafire or zippy share

    jah bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its there on zippy now ;) watch out for a big yabby u tribute coming in few days - its sounding crucial...have you heard the glen brown and phil pratt mixes?

      Delete
  2. a big up to you my friend & to your question no I haven't heard them would like to LOL.... is there any thing I can do for you in return? I am a big big fan of Marley & ijah man Levi maybe I have something you want ?

    jah bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its great that folks are tuning in and enjoying, what its all about :D it would be ace if you would spread the word tho, share links. you can follow Siamrootsical via the blue tab on right.

      the aforementioned mixes are somewhere below I think d/l links are still live. The Richie Spice one's good too. thnx again gof, keep comments coming

      Delete
  3. hi my friend I have just been visiting your early mixes but sadly most of the links are dead I cant ask you to re up them as there is far too many is there another way of getting them from you ?

    jah bless


    gof

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't do Messenger or owt and theyre too big to email over. i'm very happy to upload them though just let me know which. also feel free to email me - my emails on bar at top of blog homepage... talking ijahman, i've always been a fan too. the africa lp was LARGE for me in my mid-teens. saw him do acoustic/electric sets in leeds 1987 which was wicked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless Up from Brasil !!!!! Amazing

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are welcome... Higha vibrations.